Fantastic Voyage - Reflective Statement

Coming off 'From Script to Screen' I was ready for this project and was excited to take the next step, creating an actual animated film. I really enjoyed the majority of the project, from the script writing, designing, and animatic. I am satisfied with my final piece and feel like I was able to translate my designs and feel for a midcentury infomercial into a 3D animated film. However, I still feel like my animatic was the stronger piece, my 'professional' narration from Fivver isn't exactly what I was after, however it still does the job. I've learned some key things from the end of this project that I will definitely carry on forward to future projects, lack of memory for renders and premier files, all-nighters despite a lot of planning and unexpected changes to workload. However, I am happy with what I have achieved and wouldn't have believed that photoshop, premier and even Maya would have been second nature to me this time last year.              

Comments

Popular Posts