Minor Reflective Statement

For me minor was a very up and down project, but overall I feel it was a success and I had fun with the work I made and happy with the realisations I came to during it. My biggest downfall with the project was pursuing a new side of my project, after doing it I soon realised, it wasn’t sparking joy with my and just felt like too much. After, what I feel like was a positive premise project, I was advised to expand on the ideas I had in order to make a longer final film. I feel I wasted a lot of time I could have used refining the work I had from premise, making new designs and an animatic. While making the new animatic for OGR in November I realised my heart wasn’t in it, and after dropping the idea and continuing with the work I was passionate about my project began to gain traction again, even if it was quite late. 

When I think back at minor it feels like I hardly did anything new however looking at the progress I made with my model, which was a huge learning curve for me. As well as getting into analogue sculpting was also a positive experience that I feel adds to my project. 

While I still feel Minor was a success I have realised that my biggest downfall other than a slow start was not seeing it as it’s own project, because it’s directly followed by major, I think I feel into the trap of seeing it as one large project. However the project did teach me things that are gonna be beneficial for my final steps in my Major. 

Comments

Popular Posts