Bellmer Thumbnails, final few thumbnails 97-100


Developing from my last few sets I merged my structure pieces with pictures of Hitlers concept for the perfect city, I did the as most of Bellmer's work was a response to the horrors of the way, I though the idea of a city that is in concept perfect but is being infested. I also like the connection between the  model city and the toy doll parts. 

I could decide whether they looked better in colour of fully black and white. I feel the 1st and 3rd ones are the strongest and have the most potential. 


Comments

  1. These are fascinating, Louis - I'd observe however, that the Bellmer elements are actually just as 'orderly' and symmetrical as the elements they're replacing - with the exception of the 'dome' version, where I think the organicism has gone too far, because we can't see the contrast between the classic forms and mutations. I'm going to suggest there's another set of thumbnails to be created with reference to the strengths and weaknesses of these :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts