Fantastic Voyage - OGR 1


Comments

  1. OGR 14/03/2019

    Hey Louis,

    I like all the visual references here - and this really does feel like an opportunity to embrace fully the UPA-style; your thumbnails already suggest a level of complexity you probably don't need... and maybe you need to look at this kind of thing to keep everything more properly within that stylistic limitation:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iqu5XYezCk

    You could use simple colourful 3D forms, and then in AE, apply faces and line art and 2D animated elements to those forms?

    So - in terms of your basic concept - we have a general 'spark' or character form that takes on the attributes of each of the ten energy types; I suppose my only concern is that viewers might think that energy can 'choose' what it becomes, which might get confusing for some people because that's not strictly true - but I guess as long as the information is correct etc...

    I get the pun 'stored energy = energy stores' - I can sort of see it in my minds eye - and my imagination is also showing me (for some reason!) the conveyor belts of Yo Sushi, and also giant vending machines, and also this music video because of the set, and the idea of all the different options being presented in one shot...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx1_6F-nCaw

    I also got a 'shopping channel' vibe from your idea, that idea of a host presenting/demonstrating the different energy types and their uses - which would give you a means of getting the more complex content communicated to your audience without it feeling like a lecture...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GFOZomAAvc

    So - yes, I think this has potential: you need to work smart in terms of your production design in terms of do-ability, because when you choose this scenario you are choosing '10' things/spaces/assets etc... You need to think about how the technical and educative content is going to make it onto the screen in a way that is engaging and accurate and you need to firm up this concept of the '10 choices' and how that might be visualised on screen dynamically.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts