The Energy Mall - Character design development

10 Energy Stores - Early Concepts 

I started to visualize all 10 of the different energy types by designing them all differently each with individual character aspects to relate to the different attributes. I'm really happy with how the designs came out even if they don't particularly doable in Maya, due to my time constraints and current knowledge. 






Thumbnailing  

So in order to simplify the design while still maintaining a level of personality and uniqueness to each energy, in order to make them memorable, I started thumbnailing a more general, universal body type that I could copy over to each energy character.


Designs
   
After thumbnailing, I redesigned my energy characters in a more simple yet doable style while maintaining their unique characteristics and design elements I was happy with. Using a series of different body types, arms, feet, and noses.  








Comments

  1. Enjoying these characters, Louis - lots of charm! Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts