Premise - Reflective Statement

Out of all the projects we have done in the past two years this has been by far my favourite and the one I’ve had the most fun with, next to the character design project. For the most part it felt like work I’d happily do personally in my spare time. I enjoyed the freedom and ability to take the project in a direction I wanted and do something that was enjoyable and inspiring to me. At the beginning I knew I wanted to do something with toys, something based on the wild and wacky toys of the 80s/90s and I was quite fortunate that the idea came to me quite early on in the game, allowing me to develop it further. I feel like my submission, laying the foundation for my final film, was quite successful and I’m happy with the results I came up with. My aim was to create something that hat felt authentic and could have always existed and with my limited editing and maya skills I’m happy with the result. The only concern I really had, the submission only coming in around 30 seconds( although it’s a commercial), is one I can fix with my next project by Making multiple or bumping up the content with the final thing. My biggest concern going forward is my modelling ability if I’m going to actually make a physical toy I’m going to need to be able to make the most perfect models possible, though I’m happy with the ‘blob’ models I made, they are nowhere near what I aim to create for my final submission next year. Overall I felt quite positive about this project and at no point I really felt I was struggling or out of ideas, which is usually the case in these projects, overall I’m satisfied and excited to see what I can do with it next!

Comments

Popular Posts