Premise - Background Matte Painting and Play-set concepts + Animation Shot Breakdown


In preparation for my pre-vis/animatic I created a matte painting intended to work as the background, I inspired it by the kinda art you would see on a He-man packaging art as well as the sort of backgrounds in old toy adds. Realistic digital painting isn't my strongest skill however I tried to evoke the feel and look of that aesthetic as a stand in and first draft for this project. I did a quick sketch of the sort of playlet scene ill feature in my film, inspired by the old Kenner play set from the 70s/80s. I included all the inspiration below as well as my shot breakdown in preparation for starting my animatic!




Animation Shot Breakdown

Shot 1. blurred scene of playset over it

Shot 2. Ed Venture figure close up

Shot 3. Zoom in on idol

Shot 4. Ice Breaker coming in front of camera

Shot 5. Ed. Firing the grappling

Shot 6. Grappling hitting Ice Breaker

Shot 7. Panning shot of villains

Shot 8. King Krug rolling towards camera

Shot 9. Ed. Knocking boxes

Shot 10. Boxes fall on villains

Shot 11. Static shot of all the toys on display.

Comments

Popular Posts