Character Design lesson 1

This lesson has t have been my favourite thing I have done on this course so far, I enjoyed the tasks we did and some of the key character design principles we were taught.

The first task we were asked to do was redesign an iconic cartoon character, I got Obelix and decided to simplify him to look more in the lines of a 40s style character with simple shapes inspired by mid century characters. After feedback for my second attempt I was told to further simplify it as some of the elements of my design were as detailed as the original despite my redesign. I went on to further express the simple mid-century inspired elements and push it trough to the whole character.



After we had to change the charecters design through the change of shape, my first one was very styled with a heavy use of triangle, although i am happy with it, it wasn't exactly what was wanted so from feedback I redesigned Obelix with more attention to the actual physic of the character.





The final thing we did was probably my favourite, we were given a particular type of character, I was Clowns. The aim was to create a set of characters all in different shapes and sizes with different features to make them stand apart.





Comments

Popular Posts