Sound Making Device

In our Adobe Audition class we were asked to create an object that will be able to make an interesting  sound that relates to our images. I created small scratchy bug like object inspired by this image of some sort of bed lice or microscopic creature:


In order to make a sound that seems similar to what id imagine these little creatures would sound like as the scurry around I though id design an object that resembled the creatures as it gives me more opportunities on ways to make noise. I grabbed a toilet roll and stabbed push pins through the bottom in order to resemble the legs and hopefully the scratchy nature, I also filled it with porridge oats and taped it up so when moved the oats flake around like the sound of what I image the bugs flaky skin and craws cracking sound like, I paired it with some sand paper and plan to make it around different spaces and materials in order to find interesting sounds.

Here is my device:


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts